Thursday, November 10, 2011

Updates from Kehilat Ha Carmel



Over the past couple weeks we have had several tour groups and tourist visiting the church we attend who are not shy to hold their cameras and video camera’s high to capture the unique service they are worshiping in. Needless to say, this past Saturday I thought I would take mine to capture a couple pictures as well for my blog. I wanted you all to see the design of our church and get a picture of where we are worshiping here in Israel.

 Morning worship:

 Yeshua is the origianl proper Aaramaic name for Jesus
 Straight ahead are the doors that open up to a large patio
 Morning announcements with translator
 Children of the congregation
 Head pastor (left) who responded to the Lord's calling to move from NYC with his wife (music director) to Israel to start a messianic church and to reach the lost. On the right is one of our favorite message translators. We love how he really feels the emotion and energy of the pastor and carries that through his translations to the Arabic congregation. 


In my first blog about our church I mentioned we had a translator who stood with the pastor and translated to the Hebrew congregation after every couple of sentences. Well since we have been attending regularly we have come to find that the language of service rotates weekly. Thomas and I have to wear headsets every third week to hear the service in English. Our services run in three different languages. Two are spoken or translated on stage and the third language is translated through headsets. I must admit the first service I realized I had to wear a headset I was a bit frustrated in the beginning. It was incredibly hard to concentrate while hearing the pastor speak in Hebrew and then to hear the translator speaking in Arabic at the same time mine was being translated into English. By the end of the service I was extremely worn out. However, I am no longer in shook and understand the rotations of the services. I will be well prepared this coming Saturday when I get my headset! We are still enjoying our time at Kehilat Ha Carmel and grateful for the experiences that come with worshiping in such a multicultural atmosphere. It’s a great feeling to look forward to our Saturday morning drive (30-45 minutes depending on traffic) up the steep hills to reach Mt. Carmel and to worship with such strong, passionate, and faithful believers of Christ from all parts of the world! 


Thank you to all who responded to my last blog post on Thanksgiving and sent recipes!!! I hope to try some of these out! There is still time to send your favorite recipes my way if you want- kayla.sanders2511@yahoo.com 
love & many blessings from Israel!

No comments:

Post a Comment