Saturday, October 29, 2011

Akko/ Acre

Thomas and I took a short adventure one afternoon further up north to a city called Akko, which has one of the oldest ports in the world. I posted pictures below of our boat ride we took around the harbor. Akko, like Jerusalem is a walled in city that is filled with markets and street vendors, (as most cities here are) underground Crusader halls, museums and much more. To be honest, I haven't done much research on the city of Akko so I am only sharing the information I have and what we learned while visiting. We didn't do much touring inside the walls as we normally do. We decided to just enjoy the afternoon by walking around the port. We had a wonderful time and really enjoyed the atmosphere inside the city as well as the port. Akko is a place we will diffidently be at again. Enjoy the pictures :)

For those of you who may want more information on Akko here is a link I found
 http://www.akko.org.il/english/main/default.asp

 Inside the city walls of Akko, headed to the port. Homes to the left and right of us.
 No, we didn't try this ice-cream place out, but we sure wanted too! Maybe next time :)
 My sweet husband at the port! We sure loved all the fishing boats and sail boats :)
 Wonderful fresh fruit smoothies!
 Our boat!




 Thomas was interested in the fishermen!
 Young boys were giving donkey rides to children around the port.
Cheap spices and nuts -Wonderful find for me!!

No comments:

Post a Comment